Thursday, August 25, 2011

Me and the Old Spice Guy

So I have a new hero, and he is the Old Spice Guy. 

I know that this is nothing new because, presumably, the Old Spice Guy is everybody’s hero. How could he not be? He sits on a horse! Looking awesome! Smelling awesome! Telling other people how to smell awesome! He has bulging muscles! What’s not to like?
I am going to start emulating him any day now. I can just imagine coming up to people and demanding that they look at me. Now look at themselves. Now look at me. Sadly, they are not me. But they can look like me if they buy a Superman t-shirt, or baggy sweats, or whatever fetching outfit I’ve put on that day.

Or I might go a different route and tell them that they can smell like me, but that seems like it might bring about copyright issues. No, I think looking like me is the way to go.
Of course, nobody is going to want to look like me, and telling them how they can, in the weirdest way possible, might isolate people and make it difficult to make new friends. But that is the price I am willing to pay to be like the Old Spice Guy.

Obviously, he will always be cooler than me, but there is nothing I can do about that. For one thing, I do not have a horse. So I will just have to settle for semi-cool.

Oh, well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment