Friday, September 13, 2013

The Decoy Bride (Also, I Don't Watch Dr. Who)

So I watched this show not too many weeks ago: 


(source: imdb)
I was browsing Netflix and I could only see the cover very slightly and it said that David Tennant was in it and HEY I like David Tennant, and I haven't actually seen him in anything other than Harry Potter and maybe one episode of Dr. Who (I just, I don't know WHY I can't seem to love Dr. Who, but I can't seem to love Dr. Who. You may feel free to scorn me now), but anyway Pinterest and the Internet At Large assures me that he is darling and fabulous and all of that good nonsense, so I was like YES and it was rated PG (I have a very low tolerance for Things That Get You Higher Movie Ratings, because I am five years old on the inside) and so I watched it. 

And then I rewatched all my favorite parts because it was adorable and I like it very much, and it probably got universally panned by critics because most of my favorite movies do (unless they are Disney movies) (what I am saying is that I have negligible taste in movies unless they are children's movies) or at least it seems not to have made much of a blip on anyone's radar. What I am saying is that it is a weird little film where pretty much everyone speaks in a British or Scottish accent. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss ma'am. It could be an otherwise ATROCIOUS movie and I would still love it just for that. 


Basically: the girl on the left (American Actress) is marrying David Tennant, and the press won't just LEAVE HER ALONE and LET HER GET MARRIED IN PEACE and so she's decided to get married on a remote Scottish island, where lives Merida (the girl on the right) (no that is not her name in the movie) (did anyone catch the Brave reference?) (this is all making sense in my head). ANYWAY blah blah blah American Actress runs off, they need a DECOY BRIDE To throw the press off, and David Tennant pretend-marries Merida without realizing, and actually accidentally marries her. And there is a ghost of a cow that lives in an old restroom. The end. 


WHAT. Yes. All of that. And more! So go! Go and watch! Enjoy excessively! Love David Tennant in a way that is not as Dr. Who! (seriously though. I am still just mortified that I don't seem to enjoy that as much as everybody else) (and yet I also love Rory Williams) (Internet, you introduce me to people that I really know nothing about and then make me love them even though I am not a real fan at all). 


BUT. Watch this. And...Penelope. Which is not on Netflix. But! That is another post for another time! 


SO! Your turn! Who's watched a very odd but also lovely show lately? Something unheard of but also awesome and (hopefully) British? Anybody just want to yell at me for not loving Dr. Who? Post your comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment