Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hobbits and T-shirts

Okay! So I am writing this on a computer that is not mine, and I have limited time. Just a couple of things, really: 

1) I was looking at a blog (FINE IT'S A STYLE BLOG OKAY. Judge me for being shallow and liking clothes) (weird tidbit: I really like clothes and care about them and read clothing blogs, but something like seventy percent of the time I dress like a hobo) (OKAY FINE ninety percent of the time. What do you want from me?) Anyway. I was looking at this blog and this girl, who dresses very well and is very stylish, was totally wearing a t-shirt from the men's department at Target. 


YES! VINDICATED! For those of you who aren't in the know, that's where roughly thirty percent of my wardrobe comes from, is the men's t-shirt section at Target. I have a ridiculous amount of them. They make me look like I'm fifteen. It's great. 


In fact, at this moment I am wearing my Hobbit t-shirt. Because hobbits are awesome, that's why. Also: Richard Armitage! Which brings me to my next point: 


2) I am in the midst of watching The Hobbit! For the first time! I'm very proud of myself. I've watched the first twenty or thirty minutes, and then I watched the last thirty minutes. Those middle scenes! Can't wait to watch them! 


If you're wondering why I watched it like this, it's because I watched it with my brother late Sunday night, and I fell asleep and woke up right when Bilbo was talking to Gollum, and then on Tuesday I started to re-watch it and only had time to get through the first thirty minutes. And then I got busy (or, you know, my attention span waned. Whatever! Same thing!) 


Anyway, I'm very excited to watch the whole thing because it means that I'll be able to wear my aforementioned Hobbit shirt without a twinge of shame. I bought it in December, thinking that YES I would buy it before they sold out, and I'd be going to see the movie soon anyway, so I should just snatch it up while I can. And now I've been wearing it for four months and every time I put it on I felt like a poser (but I never considered not wearing it, because it's comfy and a good color for my skin tone) (I may dress like a hobo, but I still have dress standards) (bizarre, arbitrary dress standards) (I WILL NOT wear brightly colored sweats with a brightly colored t-shirt) (much of my wardrobe is neutrals) (I'm boring). 


I should also note that I've at least read The Hobbit, so I think that should count for something. 


Or not. The choice is yours. 


This is possibly the shortest list post in the history of time, or at least on this blog, but my brain just had a freeze and I really have nothing else to say. Puppies! There, that was something. 


Does anybody else have yet to see The Hobbit? Anybody watch it and squint at the screen and think, yes, Richard Armitage is still attractive as a dwarf? Or troll the men's section of Target for t-shirts (guys, I am not talking to you, obviously you shop in that section, but I guess if you want to mention it that's all right)? Leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment